Welcome to Leah & Katies online travel diary!!...

Over the next 7 weeks we hope you join us while we discover South America..

We're plannng on trekking the Inca Trail, Cycling Death Road, traversing Salt Plains, Volcanoes & Deserts and might even try fishing for Piranhas in the Amazon....

We can't wait to share our stories with you along the way and hope you can fill us in on what we missing out on at home.

Can't wait to hear from you all soon. Katie & Leah

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And We're Off.....

Well to be exact we haven't exactly taken off yet - but I'm (Katie) sitting here in the Qantas Club sipping Chandon ( its only 8.30am) but who am I too pass up the opportunity of free champagne (and good stuff at that!).

I'm having my second breakfast for the day (cause again, its free!) - So scoffing my pancakes and sipping my Chandon I'm thinking about everything that I should have with me..

Passport - Check, Money- Check, Phone - Check, Spanish dictionary - Check... Travel Companion.... ... damn - I knew something didn't feel right...

Technically Leah is AWOL- but don't be alarmed - she's in the building somewhere saying an extended goodbye to Ben ;-)... My goodbyes were reserved to a quick phone call, a hug to my parents and a big pat (ok, several of those) for my puppy earlier this am... ... So after clearing customs - given the opportunity of free alcohol, I've made a run for the Qantas Club while Leah's having a bit more time upstairs..

As long as she shows in the next 14.5min, all will be good...HAHAH..

Speaking of, my glass is nearly empty so i'm going to top it up...

Will chat to you all soon ...

xxx K.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you started your holiday as you mean to continue Katie!
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed that you have kept up with your blog! 2 days down...how many to go??
    Enjoy, can't wait to see some pics!
    Trina

    ReplyDelete